Thursday 4 February 2010

Dress...

So our guest list is shrinking, our love of nothing traditional and something simple is increasing and our bank account is starting to thank us already.

The only problem I'm encountering is my dress.

I keep coming back to the conclusion that it is just waaaayyy too much for a 10 person wedding at the registry office, nice photos and dinner at a nice restaurant - most likely in the same part as everyone else. I'm really starting to think a nice simple long flowy white dress is the way to go. Paul can wear dress pants and a shirt. No jacket, no vest, no tie. The dress I have is simply beautiful, but it's not for what we want.. It's for what we wanted when we were in Ipswich and wedding attempt number 1 was happening. I was considering just wearing it for the ceremony and photos, then getting changed into something else before dinner but, I want to stay in my wedding dress all day.

The dress was $2250. Surely I could sell it for at least $1500? Put maybe $1600 or $1700 on it, with that little bit of room for negotiation. That's $750 cheaper than at the shops AND it's never been worn! Once more, the bank account would surely be thanking me!

I'm really feeling that this is the way to go. I will speak to Paul and let you all know.. if anyone is actually reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment