Monday 18 January 2010

A million thoughts and no solutions..

So I thought I might add a little more of what I'm thinking at the moment. It's a perfect combination to the sweet Jazz beats that I'm listening to at the moment. I love jazz!!
We seem to be going around in circles. The following 4 factors do not help:
1. Paul being across the seas in the land of apples
2. Paul not knowing when he'll be able to get time off work
3. Me not knowing where I'll be working yet, and when I can get time off; and
4. We need to make some friends if we want more than 10 people at the wedding

Paul has actually told me to stop with the wedding stuff at the moment, as it is obvious that we are not going to make any progress until at least the first 3 factors are solved. But weddings are just so fun! We seem to have had about 4 options that we've considered:
1. Elope:   Ok, so this one didn't last too long as we both realised that we want at least our parents (and my little sister) there. So I guess that that's one option crossed off the list.
2. Destination Wedding: Got this idea directly after the scrapping of the eloping. So not as extravagent as what others do in regards to Greece (Santorini is to die for!) or a Fiji wedding but we were considering Hamilton Island or the Whitsundays. I got turned off by their packages - some of them seem a bit overpriced, don't include the reception/celebration dinner and just seem a bit dodgy in regards to photography; and photography is my number one thing for the wedding.
3. Wedding here in Melbourne or Regional Victoria (I simply ADORE Daylesford) with family: So I've been liking this idea for the pure budget saver that it is, and therefore more money for the honeymoon (Paul's number one thing). With this though, I worry that my dress is overkill. It's such a glamourous, elegant dress (it would want to be for $2250, even though I got it cheaper than that) and it seems like too much to be wearing for a ceremony of 12 people (including us!!) and a dinner at a restaurant. Slightly awkward?
4. Intimate Wedding in Melbourne the Traditional Way:  I'm leaning back towards this one now which is what is killing Paul - I'm getting in trouble for constantly changing my mind. But I'm a girl, it's what we do! If we do it this way, we'll most likely have the wedding at the Registry Office as I mentioned earlier. If it rains - we're safe. Celebrant is covered in the cost. Lovely building. Nice room - nicely decorated. I've been looking at this lovely place at Brighton Beach for the reception. It's called Milanos Tavern (http://www.milanos.com.au/) and the function lady, Prue, has been lovely. I've ben working with the number of 50 guests for that venue. The other place I have been looking at is Riva St Kilda (http://www.rivastkilda.com.au/) where in the room we're looking at can accommodate a maximum of 45 guests. They are both lovely from what I have seen. Saying all this has made me fall in love with the idea of this sort of wedding again. I can't wait to convince Paul that this is the way to go and to go and see the venues.


Gosh I can ramble can't I!


As for some other thoughts of the moment.
Bouquets:
As our colour scheme has seemed to fall into black, pearl (ivory) and dusty pink (that's what I call it anyway) something like this:
(Left)I like the size and the ivory colours. Needs the dusty pink in there and get rid of those green things!!
(Right)I would probably mute the pink a little more so i was a bit "dustier" and more subtle. But I definitely like the size. No point going overboard for a small wedding!


As for something gorgeous, I've fallen in love with this bracelet from a lady selling on Etsy (most dangerous place in the world when planning a wedding!)

Yes I already have something but I don't feel like I got to choose that at all. It's gorgeous but that there is like my dream wedding bracelet. I'm so in love with it and it's only $50. Paul wouldn't understand the only part, but I think that it would be worth every cent, it's so gorgeous.






Ok, I really think that it is time for bed now. Thanks for reading Melinda (and anyone else who lasted the distance!)
Lots of love
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment