Friday 15 January 2010

Shoes Update

Ok. So after my dress arrived on Wednesday, and having it just staring at me, saying put me on, I decided to do just that on Thursday. Now wasn't that a bad idea. Nothing is wrong with the dress, nothing is broken, out of place or not what I ordered, but it just sent me in to panic frenzy to the point where not even lavendar bubble bath could make me feel better.

This is what I posted to the lovely ladies over at Wedding Central Forums (my absolute saviours I should add!!)

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is going to end up as simply a vent, or if anyone has any suggestions, but I really hope that someone out there can sympathise with me on some level.
First, some background information. Me and my fiance were originally meant to get married December 12 2009. As he is in the army, we ended up getting posted to Melbourne and therefore the wedding has been postponed (probably until early-mid 2011). Before we found out of his posting, I bought my wedding dress from The Bridal Centre in Brisbane around June/July. So that the removalists didn't damage it (Defence contracted removalists are shocking - something else I could vent on lol), I decided to get it freighted to our new address in Melbourne and it arrived yesterday. As FH is currently visiting his parents in Tasmania, today I thought I'd put the dress on as I haven't seen it in ages. This is where my problem starts...
Obviously the dress wasn't done up properly (as my mum and bridesmaid are back in QLD and I haven't made any friends here yet to help me do it up) but it was done up lightly, and I was holding it up to where it will be sitting when done up properly. I haven't bought them yet, but I will be wearing flat shoes (sandals/ballet flats) as me and FH are the same height (or I'm 1 or 2cm taller than him - I'm about 175cm) and we both don't want me to be taller than him for the wedding. I put on some flat shoes and attempted to walk from my bedroom to the spare room (about 10 steps) and I could not walk without having to hold up the dress. I then put on my old school formal shoes (heels) and could walk fine. It is an essence dress d910 and it has a lace overlay with detailing all along the bottom which is what i kept standing on mainly. My mum suggested getting it altered professionally, but in order to do this, you'd lose half at least half the detailing and it would look terrible in my opinion. After that suggestion, she suggested FH stand on a box for the ceremony and photography but hell no is that happening.. what about the dancing, and the candid photos, and the leaving the ceremony, and the everything in general!!!!!
I really don't know what to do here. I don't know whether I should look for a new dress and sell the other one - if anyone would even buy it!
So sorry for the rant but I just needed to get it off my chest and see if anyone has any suggestions


So technically, long story short.. either the dress goes, the dress changes or I just cry myself to sleep until the wedding day and finally realise that this isn't that big of a deal as the important thing is that we have a wonderful life together to look forward to (thanks for helping me see that Melinda!! xx).

Now I'm sure Paul will hate me for mentioning this on here (or just tell me that I'm not meant to say that!) but one of the lovely ladies from the forum posted back to me with this link:
 http://www.taller.com.au/
Yes, they make shoes that make men taller. And they're not like some Cuban Heels, or high heels for men. They are totally cool, apparently you can't tell (except for the fact that you're now taller than people who you were once shorter than) and the store is right here in Melbourne!

So now, I might be able to wear a little heel, not have to change the dress, and potentially all our problems could be solved. He's agreed to at least have a look and try them on so I'm super excited. I do have to limit my heel to a maximum of the height his shoes will heighten him by, but eeek, so exciting :)

It is dangerous though, because I can now look at amazing shoes like these and quite possibly blow the budget.. But these are simply DEVINE!
What's a girl to do??? (I doubt neither Paul nor I can justify $380 for them though.. unfortunately)
Ok, so that's a pretty massive blog. But you have to understand that I'm pretty darn excited right now.

On a side note, update on reception venues... I have a list of approximately 120 venues that we will NOT be holding our reception at (I went through the entire list off weddingpages.com.au) and only about 2 or 3 that I can be bothered to look into further, once we get confirmation from Paul's work. As for the ceremony location, it sounds tacky, but turns out the Melbourne Registry Office has a lovely room that can hold 55 guests in the Old Treasury Building (gorgeous!!!) where we can get the whole ceremony (including celebrant) for $320 - AND it doesn't matter if Melbourne decides to rain on our parade (knock on wood - I really have my heart set on a few different locations to get some photos done where rain wouldn't be appreciated)

Anyway, you're thoughts and suggestions are helping me make our day as amazing as possible.
Lots of Love
Jenna
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment